Fun with Apple Carplay and the Shortcuts App
For a while now, I've had my iPhone setup to automatically speak a phrase anytime it detected Carplay being activated. I did it as a reminder to myself and others that safety is important.
Brace yourself now. I made Siri swear.
Buckle up, bitches!
Every time I get in my car and plug in my phone, Siri reminds me to buckle up.
I had that going for about a year or so, each time getting in the car and thinking "I should make her say more things."
Siri Carplay Automation 2.0
This iteration, I leveraged the Shortcuts App's ability to randomly select items from a list.
- Add a List node, populated with the following funnies
- Buckle up, bitches!
- Powering up ass cheek warmers.
- Seat backs and tray tables must be placed in their upright and locked positions.
- T minus 10 seconds till liftoff.
- Vroom. Vroom.
- Please insert coin to continue.
- Getting directions to Uranus.
- One point has been removed from your license.
- You have 5 points left on your license.
- Add a "Get
Random itemfrom List"
Item from List
You change the Voice used within the "Speak
Item from List". I have it set to use the British Siri, because why not